Thursday, April 12, 2012

Designed for Relationships







We have been created in the image of a relational God, who is revealed in Scripture as three persons in close communion with each other—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (cf. Matt. 3:16, 17). Human beings bear within them the need and capacity for social connection, for intimate relationships. The first human being, fresh from the creative fingers of God, with a Creator to worship, a beautiful world to behold and countless creatures to enjoy, nevertheless sought for special human companionship. His aloneness was “not good” (Gen. 2:18), so God created a woman and brought her to the man in marriage, with the intention that they would be close companions and partners, united as “one flesh” (Gen. 2:22-25). With marriage as its centerpiece, the family is the Creator’s primary provision for the intimate relationships for which the human heart yearns.

5 comments:

  1. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've often wondered if this applies to me. The Bible says, "he who finds a wife finds a good thing." But it also says, "a woman who attends to a husband is busied with things pertaining to her husband whereas a single woman is able to dedicate to the things of the Lord." (paraphrased) This is so true because as an unmarried person, I'm busied with the things pertaining to my Lord. But, I can't honestly say I like being alone so much. I guess since I've given God lordship over my life, then even this is in His hands to do with as He chooses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! just continue serving GOD and seek for HIS kingdom and all those things shall be added unto you..

      by the way, thanks for always reading the articles here...

      Delete
  3. Thank you for that..putting me in remembrance of His word. This is a true statement and scripturaly sound. And you're welcome for the visits. Your visits would be greatly appreciated as well, as Christians are meant to be united! If nothing else, enjoy feeding my fish, my hamster, "Moxy," or just find reflective peace watching my stingray, "Fluid," as he swims. I would love your input on my posts. I speak from my heart and use scripture as a means to remind my readers that we are one with Christ and also to remind those who stop by that we all have need and heartache. No one is immune. I speak from a place of love and pain.

    ReplyDelete